A pregnancy pillow is known by many names including maternity pillow, bolster pillow and side sleeper pillow. When buying a pregnancy pillow there are some key points to know before you make that purchase.
You can type ‘best pregnancy pillow review’ into Google and you will get the latest reviews and from there you can start searching for the best price. Of course, your best reviews will likely come from your friends.
Find the Best Pregnancy Pillow that Suits Your Personal Needs
When you go shopping for a pregnancy pillow, you will soon find out that not every pillow is made of the same quality, materials, and design. Buy a pregnancy pillow only after doing your research and trying one out.
A good place to start is by asking your pregnant friends what type they use. As your pregnancy progresses into the third trimester, your belly will continue to grow and this can create some uncomfortable challenges for you.
The majority of pillows are designed for sleeping on your side.
Benefits of a Pregnancy Pillow
A maternity pillow will help keep you comfortable during the last months of your pregnancy when you need it the most. As your pregnancy progresses into the third trimester, your belly will continue to grow and this can create some uncomfortable challenges for you.
You may find it difficult to sleep comfortably because of your belly and one option that many women find helpful is using a pregnancy pillow which will help you get a comfortable sleep during pregnancy.
The benefit of a pillow is that you can snuggle with it while sleeping experiencing some relief as it will help provide you with additional support at all the right places.
Pregnancy Pillows are Often used to Help Alleviate Pain in the:
Your Pregnancy Pillow Checklist
• Provides body support.
• Reduces body aches.
• Improves blood circulation.
• Can lower risk of snoring due to being on side.
• Stimulate deep sleep.
• Can be used in different positions.
• Help you remain calm.
• Can be used after birth when breastfeeding for support.
• Lowers heart rate.
• Supports your growing belly.
• Is double sided so you can roll over with ease.
• Is fully washable.
Decide What Type of Pillow You Need
There are some pregnancy pillows that are specifically designed for a certain type of pain.
If you are experiencing discomfort or aches in just a few areas then you want to look for a smaller pillow that can go under your belly or between your knees.
What to Look for When Buying a Pregnancy Pillow – A Pillow that:
• Is firm but not too firm.
• Can support your weight.
• Has a washable cover.
• Is evenly padded.
• Is stuffed fully.
• Doesn’t shift or lump-up in one area.
How to Use Your Pregnancy Pillow Correctly
Ideally you should follow the instructions that come with the pillow when purchased. Essentially, all maternity pillows are specially designed for sleeping on the side.
1. The pillow should support your neck. When you are sleeping on your side, the pillow should be positioned so that it supports your head and neck so that your spine remains as straight as possible.
2. You will want to slide the pillow under your belly. You can do this by gently lifting your belly and sliding a portion of the pillow underneath when lying on your side.
3. Place the pillow between your legs as this will help to relieve pressure on your joints and may even reduce swelling by improving your circulation.
4. Always try to ensure your back is supported. Most pregnancy pillows provide a wrap-around portion that will support your back and prevent you from rolling onto your back or right side during sleep.